Steampunk Fuckery: Guns of Icarus Online

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Phaedrus, Aug 14, 2014.

View Users: View Users
  1. Phaedrus

Phaedrus COMRADE

GoIo is a first-person, class-based co-op game wherein you pilot, repair and shoot guns from various types of airships.

Bonus, it's only four bucks until the end of the week:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/209080/

You kind of have to be able to coordinate and work with your teammates (if you want to win, anyway. Winning is optional), so voice chat is a pretty much mandatory. Thankfully the integrated voice doesn't suck.

It's actually pretty fun and doesn't really require a hellacious time commitment. A match is usually over in 10 to 20 minutes.

Also, MLG has apparently been paying it some attention, if you give a shit about that sort of thing.

2. Taylor

Taylor #1 Shuten Fan
    Staff Member

I know several of us have this game, but I haven't given it a try yet. It sounds fun, I think Ill make sure its updated tonight and give it a try.

3. Phaedrus

Phaedrus COMRADE

Awesome, my IGN is the same as my steam display (Mister Sassafras). Add me and we'll blow some shit up.

4. Taylor

Taylor #1 Shuten Fan
    Staff Member

So is this like a PvP game or what

e; we played like 2 minutes last night before Phadraus had to bounce, RIP Phad

5. Phaedrus

Phaedrus COMRADE

rip in piece. The wife locked her in keys in her car at her work (which is a hospital in a shitty part of town), apologies for the early exit.

Right now it's a PvP game but they're reportedly working on a co-op PvE RPG...thing to go along with the various PvP game modes.

6. Taylor

Taylor #1 Shuten Fan
    Staff Member

lmbo, we were wondering what happened to you. We went ahead and started a match and it was a comedy of errors that ended up most he time with me yelling at Prude to ram the other ship.

7. Phaedrus

Phaedrus COMRADE

I've played against a guy who has a Pyramidion named "H.M.S Rams Too Much". He leaves the impact bumpers on constantly and just crashes into people.

MLG tactics

8. Taylor

Taylor #1 Shuten Fan
    Staff Member

Sound strategy, I like it

9. Pigeon

Pigeon Director of Marketing

My team sucked. I was obviously outshining them with my excellent engineering skills.