HOW TO: Live That Rust Life

Discussion in 'Rust' started by Taylor, Sep 9, 2014.

View Users: View Users
  1. Taylor

Taylor #1 Shuten Fan
    Staff Member

Rust can be played a lot of ways. You can hunker down in a massive fuck off metal fortress right next to small rad with your 20 clan mates. You can run off to the mountains and build an Eagles Nest with a few people. OR, if you are a COMMIE CREW MEGAPRO, you can live that nomad trap house life.

"What's that trap house life" you may ask. Well, living that nomad trap house life is simple. No permanent bases, no big crews, no weaknesses. Essentially, you build little shitty shacks around the map in semi hidden locations and dump your goods there. The idea is that, in the event you are followed back (which lol if you are than you are a shitter and all I have to say is lol) and someone discovers your cache and later comes and raids it, its not a total loss. We've been trying out this play style for a few days and in those few days we have racked up more shit than our entire other time playing.

So here's how

Step 1: Download This Yes it's a "cheat" no its not cheating or hacking. Don't use the aimbot because thats for titty boys, dont use the mega jump unless you fall into one of the many stupid pits they put in the game so you dont have to suicide out, and above all dont flyhack because that will get you hella banned.

The reason for this is mainly for the radar. We can argue all day about the morality and whether or not its cheating, but it makes the game a little less anxiety inducing and allows you to level the playing field against giant roaming clans and assholes. Turn on the radar and Draw Names so you can see who is around you, you can also turn on Lootables and Sleepers but thats kinda cheaty.

Step 2: Find some peoples houses and/or sleepers. I have found more sets of kevlar on sleepers who thought they were hidden than I have in raiding houses. People will literally log off with anything. Also, search the more out of the way outcroppings along the coast and in the mountains. There usually always some decaying houses that havent been picked clean yet.

Things to look out for:
    Wood
    Planks
    Building Parts ie foundations, walls, etc.
    Guns, Ammo, armor

Anything else will be found in bulk later on, focus on things for survival first.

Step 3: Your inventory should be pretty full ATM. So use some of the resources you've looted and build a 1x1 foundation wood house somewhere hidden. Look for low traffic areas or places where people never are. Put a metal door on it and lay down some large wooden boxes and dump that shit.

Step 4: Rinse and repeat until you've got hella trap houses

Rules To Rust By
    1. Did one of your trap houses get popped? Abandon it. People dont get this. If I find some REAL good shit somewhere, Im going to revisit every so often and see if they came back, and if they did and put a new door up, I blow it down and take all their shit again. Dont be this guy. If a trap house falls, dont ever go near it again.

2. Carry atleast 2 guns: A short range (Pistol or shotty) and a long range (Bolt action or M4)

3. Don't fall asleep out in the wild

4. Don't talk in chat. Why? Let me quote my nigga Lil' Finga for this:
    [​IMG]
    Keep unseen. Dont kill unless nessescary. Dont talk in text or voice chat. Be a phantom. That way, you raid a bunch of peoples houses, who do they blame? Not you, they will probably blame the bigger group and fight against them. Congrats, you just started a war on your server.

5. Always check doors. Just because they have a metal door up doesnt mean they put a code on it. Furthermore, always try a few simple passcodes ie 1111 or 1234. One day it will work and it will be the funniest thing ever.

6. Never resettle a house. Even if its decayed. It was probably abandoned for a reason and it will be obvious to regulars that someone has rebuilt a house. Only exception Id make here is if you just want like a waypoint. Somewhere to put a sleeping bag and some basic shit, but nothing good.

7. Don't team up with randos. Only roll with the CREW. Everyone else in this game is a retard and a liability. Don't die to that.

I may update this later, but for now this is the mindset you need to use to excel in Rust.