Spandex Hand-Egg Thread

Discussion in 'General Bullshit' started by Phaedrus, Aug 21, 2014.

View Users: View Users
  1. Phaedrus

Phaedrus COMRADE

Truth. Any Arizona fan with an even an inkling of our history knows that we were seriously overrated this week. I was proud of the comeback attempt but I knew this outcome was all but inevitable. Hey, at least we beat the spread.

2. Taylor

Taylor #1 Shuten Fan
    Staff Member

That was a hell of a comeback though. I have an hour or long talk with one of the administrators at my school every week regarding college football, and let me tell you, the hype surrounding Ole Miss and Miss State here in Mississippi is INSANE. Everyone is excited.

3. Solgnir

Solgnir Babby

SPREADS ARE FROM FOX AS OF 10/13, THEY MIGHT CHANGE BUT I DONT CARE BECAUSE I DONT BET THEM

(20) UTAH @ OREGON STATE (+2.5) tough place to win plus its Utah lol

(4) BAYLOR @ WEST VIRGINIA (+7.5) stupid Baylor will end up losing two, but only teams from Oklahoma are eligible to beat them

(14) KANSAS ST @ (11) OKLAHOMA (-8.0) probably one of the better games that I wont watch because both teams are boring

(24) CLEMSON @ BOSTON COLLEGE (+7.0) hooray for mediocre ACC football

(21) TEXAS A&M @ (7) ALABAMA (-12.0) A&M's defense is so bad that Sims will accidentally throw 3 TDs

(8) MICHIGAN ST @ INDIANA (+13.5) Michigan State will transitively prove their superiority to Missouri

RUTGERS NAPPY HEADED HOS @ (13) PERENIALLY OVERRATED OHIO ST (-19.0) why is ohio st ranked 13th lmao

(10) GEORGIA @ ARKANSAS (+3.5) if the dawgs are gonna win the SEC east they gotta take care of business

(15) OKLAHOMA ST @ (12) TCU (-8.5) let the systematic destruction of overrated Texas teams begin!

(25) MARSHALL @ WHATEVER FIU STANDS FOR (+21.5) MARSHALL IS UNDEFEATED WOOoOoOOoOO

COLORADO @ (22) USC (-19.5) yeah nobody is gonna watch this either

TENNESSEE @ (3) OLE MISS (-16.5) gonna be ugly for the Vols

(19) NEBRASKA @ NORTHWESTERN (+7.0) another game that proves not all football is fun

(5) NOTRE DAME @ (2) FLORIDA STATE (-11.5) the "most important" game of the week is between ACC and fake ACC? o k.

WASHINGTON @ (9) OREGON (-21.0) Washington is no Arizona

(23) STANFORD @ (17) ARIZONA ST (+3.5) whats that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of my snoring at Stanford's offense

4. Phaedrus

Phaedrus COMRADE

ITT MSU cowbell rage. Honestly, I watched the game and I didn't think they were that annoying but I guess it's different if you actually have a dog in that fight.

5. Taylor

Taylor #1 Shuten Fan
    Staff Member

[video=youtube;Ait0A-MKZOY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ait0A-MKZOY[/video]

6. Taylor

Taylor #1 Shuten Fan
    Staff Member

Meltdown Time and HATIN' ASS SPURRIER are hands down the best two parts of the SBNation sites

7. Taylor

Taylor #1 Shuten Fan
    Staff Member

NOT LOOKING GOOD FOR THIS WEEK THERE, TIMARAHN.

In other news, we won :emot-smug:

Coach Kiffin, any words after that win?

8. Solgnir

Solgnir Babby

my personal picks are sucking wind this week but the ones I actually have money on are looking good :emot-whatup:

that is to say I took K.St, UGA, and LSU for the $$$ so I'm 2 for 3 with one to play

9. Taylor

Taylor #1 Shuten Fan
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

I'll repeat what I said in IRC. I wish Alabama played in a cupcake conference so we could get into the playoffs each year without any effort.

In other news, tommorrow starts Hate Week for Alabama.
    [video=youtube;Vt2BAfhUHX0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt2BAfhUHX0[/video]

10. Taylor

Taylor #1 Shuten Fan
    Staff Member

11. Phaedrus

Phaedrus COMRADE

[​IMG]

Seriously though, I won't dispute that the SEC teams mostly deserve to be where they are but FSU really should be number one. They were undefeated last season, won the national championship and STILL have a zero in the loss column this season.

12. Solgnir

Solgnir Babby

I really don't know why people continue to use this as justification

of course, the reality remains that the AP/Coaches polls mean nothing. The committee's ranking will be based almost entirely off wins, losses, and strength of schedule.

Category #3 is why FSU is #2.

13. Taylor

Taylor #1 Shuten Fan
    Staff Member

14. Solgnir

Solgnir Babby

UConn at (18) ECU (-27.5) -- damn that's a lot of points

(6) Oregon
    at California (+17.5) -- I still think Mariota is older than me

Texas at (11) K. State (-10) -- could be closer than people think

Rutgers at (16) Nebraska (-17.5) -- won't be closer than people think

(25) UCLA at Colorado (+13.5) -- so glad we don't have to hear about another overrated PAC-12 QB for Heisman anymore lmao double overtime

(1) CLANGACLANGACLANGA
    at Kentucky (+13.5) -- don't be surprised if this one's close

This week's sacrificial lamb at (23) Marshall (-28) -- lol

Bad Michigan at (8) Good Michigan St. (-17) -- no one outside the state of Michigan cares

(22) West Virginia at Oklahoma State (-1) -- tough to win on the road...unless the home team has mailed it in I guess

Texas Tech at (10) TCU (-22.5) -- at least both schools have cool team names also holy shit 82 points lmao

(15) Arizona at Washington State (+2.5) -- I don't have faith in this pick but Wash. St. is surprisingly bad at home this year

Syracuse at (21) Clemson (-14.5) -- mediocre ACC football lol who cares

(3) Ole Miss at (24) LSU (+3.5) -- keep undefeated Egg Bowl hope alive

(4) Alabama at Tennessee (+17.0) -- not sure if Tennessee will qualify for a bowl game

HATIN' ASS SPURRIER at (5) Auburn (-17.5) -- sigh

(13) Ohio State at Penn State (+13.5) -- could be close if Penn State can remember where the other team's end zone is

(20) USC at (19) Utah (+1) -- UTAH FOR PAC-12 CHAMPS WOOOOOOOO oh wait its the PAC-12 who cares

(14) Arizona State at Washington (+3.5) -- not a lot of faith in this one either

15. Phaedrus

Phaedrus COMRADE

[video=youtube;01Kz6Rw99Kk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01Kz6Rw99Kk[/video]

16. Taylor

Taylor #1 Shuten Fan
    Staff Member

Good News: We can atleast do a solid first half on the road
    Bad News: We have a bye then #16, #1, Wester Carolina (lmbo), then #4. Yaaaaay

17. Solgnir

Solgnir Babby

only missed 2 but I put my money on LSU irl so that's a cool $50 for me :emot-whatup:

18. Solgnir

Solgnir Babby

(2) FSU at (25) Louisville (+4.5) - CHAOSSSSSS

(24) Duke at Pitt (-2.0) - Cutcliffe doesn't even give a tenth of a fuck

(23) ECU at Temple (+7.5) - lol

(18) Oklahoma at Iowa St (+16.0) - lol

Florida at (11) UGA (-13.0) - gonna be ugly in the swamp

(7) TCU at (20) W Virginia (+6.0) - second Texas team to die in W.Va this season

Purdue at (15) Nebraska (-23.5) - lol Big Ten

Kansas at (13) Baylor (-36.5) - trash

(3) Auburn at (4) Ole Miss (-2.0) - takin' the home team in a close one and also fk Auburn

Arkansas at (1) Mississippi St. (-10.5) - they should win but omg the chaos if they don't

Stanford at (5) Oregon (-9.5) - as previously stated Stanford's offense lol

(10) Notre Dame at Navy (+15.0) - don't go to sleep on this one though

Oklahoma State at (9) Kansas State (-13.5) - Oklahoma St has gone from spoiler to rotten, they suck

Illinois at (16) Ohio State (-28.0) - lol Big Ten

(12) Arizona at (22) UCLA (-3.5) -- weird that UCLA would be favored here, I think they're still overrated at 25

(17) Utah at (14) Arizona St (-5.0) -- I'm buying into the UTAH HYPE

19. Taylor

Taylor #1 Shuten Fan
    Staff Member

20. Phaedrus

Phaedrus COMRADE