Spandex Hand-Egg Thread

Discussion in 'General Bullshit' started by Phaedrus, Aug 21, 2014.

View Users: View Users
  1. Taylor

Taylor #1 Shuten Fan
    Staff Member

2. Taylor

Taylor #1 Shuten Fan
    Staff Member

Congrats to Oregon on winning the inaugural Playoff championship sponsored by what shit they are shilling this year

3. Phaedrus

Phaedrus COMRADE

Sweet Raptor Jeebus did FSU look foolish yesterday. At least the Bama/OSU game was competitive.

4. Taylor

Taylor #1 Shuten Fan
    Staff Member

Been a lot more competitive if LSU or MSU game Blake Sims had show up instead of Ole Miss game Blake Sims.

5. Solgnir

Solgnir Babby

The Idaho Real Potatoes Capital One Inaugural "Lmbo Nobody South of the Mason-Dixon is gonna watch this shit" Championship Playoff Game

6. Taylor

Taylor #1 Shuten Fan
    Staff Member

I'm salty about this year but that really shows how spoiled Alabama fans are. We finished the year 12-2 with our only losses to a really good (at the time) Ole Miss and Ohio State in the playoffs. We won the SEC championship and beat the mess out of all our rivals, including a butt clench inducing OT against LSU, a record breaking Iron Bowl, and the SMUGOCALYPSE at Neylend Stadium. This all coming from a team at the beginning of the year I assumed would be dogshit with our untested QB and young defense.

A lot of people would give one of their children to have that kind of season. :cripes:

7. Phaedrus

Phaedrus COMRADE

Our QB has the same split personality:

We have Anu Solomon, who is poised and confident in the pocket. He makes good decisions and is a great game manager, especially considering his age.

We also have Anus Olomon, who is easily rattled, makes poor decisions and is just an all-around dogshit freshman QB.

Anus decided to show up for both the Pac-12 Championship game and the Fiesta Bowl. In fact, a lot of us have started to refer to incidents such as the Jaemis Winston "bae caught me slippin'" (aka the Crab Legs Shuffle) as 'pulling an Anus'. :emot-quagmire:

8. Taylor

Taylor #1 Shuten Fan
    Staff Member

I mean I do understand the bi-polar attitude that developed in him. In 2011, you've got McElwain teaching that slow conservative football, then 2012 and 2013 you've got Nussmeir teaching a little more upbeat pass offense, but still heavy on the run game. Then in 2014, you get this Cali brah come in and say "Let it rip broseph" :emot-frogc00l: Hopefully, since Jacob Coker came from that style offense at FSU and was only at Bama under Kiffin, there wont be any weird deprogamming phase for him and he can go right to gunslinging. Beyond that, Bama fans can only pray that when Kiffin inevitably bounces and fails upwards again, we hire another OC who is heavy on pass, because I know Bear taught to run the ball blah blah blah, but this aint 19050 anymore, we cant do that run until they get tired then dominate on defense anymore, thats a once a decade type thing.

9. Phaedrus

Phaedrus COMRADE

Crab Legs Winston declares for the NFL draft

What do you think? Next Russell Wilson wunderkind or Geno Smith waste of potential?

Personally, I think he has the skill set to do well in the NFL but he'll need a team that is willing to put the reins on and make him work to be successful. Otherwise, we're just looking at another Johnny Manziel-type burnout.

10. Taylor

Taylor #1 Shuten Fan
    Staff Member

If Johnny Football was a foot taller I think he'd be great right now, so I think Jameis will do fine. There's a lot of teams out there that need big gunslingers like him. Like you said though, its all a matter of keeping him focused and away from the Publix.

11. Solgnir

Solgnir Babby

Jameis would have been the consensus #1 pick in upcoming draft if not for his affinity for the seafood section. Still could very well go #1 to TB.

Manziel needs to be taking 80% of his snaps from the pistol, he's not a pro-style QB so he requires an unconventional offense to succeed